Health & Safety Policy
The Management of Innovative Construction Services Inc. (ICS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, our Clients and our Sub-Contractors personnel.
We will operate in a manner that minimizes our potential impact on the environment, and strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do. The prevention of losses to people, equipment, material, and damage to the environment requires a combined effort on the part of all persons on site.
Provincial and Federal Safety Regulations are considered to be a minimum standard of compliance. In many instances, the Company requirements and those of our Client will be far more stringent. Company and Client Job Procedures and policies will be made available to all employees and sub-trades.
In return it is the employee’s responsibility to comply with the above and accept responsibility in prevention of accidents, occupational illness and injuries.
Our goal for every hour worked is an Occupational Injury (0I) of ZERO!
We believe that:
- All injuries can be prevented.
- Each employee is expected to work safely and is fully responsible for his or her personal safety performance as well as those around them.
- Safety precautions necessary to protect both personnel and equipment must be addressed prior to starting every job or activity.
- Ongoing and regular training is essential for the development of safe work habits.
- Employee participation and input is encouraged and management will consult with employees regarding safety issues, as well as respond to ideas, questions, or concerns regarding safety.
Every employee is trained in Health & Safety Awareness and WHMIS. Site specific hazard training includes, but is not limited to, fall protection, asbestos awareness, and various equipment operations.
Our safety processes and management systems are continually under review and adapted according to government regulations and specific hazards of the work environment.
The Sarnia Lambton Industrial Educational Co-operative (IEC) performs a Safety Management Assessment annually. Our employee’s efforts to follow our H&S policies have rewarded us with consistent high scores in this audit.
2015 IEC Audit Score: 98.94%
2014 IEC Audit Score: 100%
2013 IEC Audit Score: 100%
2012 IEC Audit Score: 99.72%
2011 IEC Audit Score: 94.59%
ICS is a registered member of ISNetworld and PICS. Each of these global organizations screen and manage contractors Health and Safety documents for their clients.
These organizations gather specific information on our policies by:
- Completion of comprehensive questionnaires
- Submission of all H&S policies and procedures
- Review of insurance and WSIB documentation
- Recording of occupational health and safety statistics